Firebase provides a hosting service that is capable of hosting your web applications at no additional cost. Firebase Hosting is great because it allows you to host static websites built with frameworks like React.js, Angular, and Vue. js. In this article, we will explain what it means to host a website on Firebase and walk you through the process of hosting a website using Firebase. And with that, let’s get to work!
What is hosting a website on firebase?
How to host a website on firebase?
The steps that need to be taken are as follows if you want your web application to be hosted on Firebase:
1) Create a Firebase project:
To start a new project, go to the Firebase console and click the “Create new project” button. After giving your project a name, click the button labelled “Create Project.”
2) Install the Firebase CLI:
You can interact with your Firebase project from the command line using the Firebase Command Line Interface (CLI). You must have Node.js installed on your machine in order to install the CLI. Download the Node.js installer for your operating system from the Node.js website.
3) Configure your Firebase project:
The Firebase Command Line Interface requires that you have a firebase.json configuration file located in the primary directory of your project. Your web application will be deployed according to the instructions provided in the firebase.json file.
4) Deploy your website:
After you have finished configuring your project, you can use the Firebase Command Line Interface to deploy your web application. To accomplish this, run the following command from the top level of the directory containing your project:
This will create a host URL for your web application. This URL will take you to your web app.
That’s all! Your web app has now been successfully deployed to Firebase.
Limitations of Firebase Hosting
Although Firebase Hosting is a fantastic service, there are some considerations to make before using it to host your web app.
- First and foremost, Firebase Hosting is only intended for static files. This means that dynamic web applications that require a server-side language, such as PHP, ASP.NET, or Java, cannot be hosted.
- Second, Firebase Hosting is not designed to support large-scale web applications. If you anticipate a high volume of traffic for your web app, you should consider using a more robust hosting solution such as Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine.
- Third, by default, Firebase Hosting does not provide a custom domain name. You must use a subdomain of firebaseapp.com or purchase and configure a custom domain name with Firebase.
- Finally, Firebase Hosting is only free for a limited time. You will be charged for any additional usage if your web app exceeds this limit.
Overall, Firebase Hosting is an excellent way to host static web applications for free. However, before using them for your project, you should be aware of their limitations.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. We hope you found it beneficial! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.